Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Great Debate

Trying to identify any physical resemblance of Misty in either of the two kiddos has become a very common debate in the Reid house. Primarily because I've told Bill that a 3rd baby is out of the question because it's just going to be another spitting image of him. Don't get me wrong, like all mothers, I sincerely believe my kids are the most beautiful creatures on the planet!! It's just that my dream of having a little girl (or boy) who looks like me is never going to happen with my husband's dominating Sicilian genetics! I've recently come to terms with this reality, but Bill is still hoping that he hasn't lost his chances of having a family of 5. Every day he tries to convince me: "Look Quinn's eyes are going to be blue like yours, I think Quinn is looking more and more like you every day."

Meanwhile, everyone who is around my daughter has the same reaction: "my gosh she looks just like her father!!!" So, to put the case to rest I thought I'd compare Quinn at 3 months to Avery at his same age. If we all accept the base fact that Avery looks just like Bill, it should only stand to reason that if Avery and Quinn look alike, Quinn must look just like Bill also. ( Didn't we do something like this in geometry to prove the measurements of an isosceles triangle?).

So here goes. You be the judge. Is there any reason to continue the debate......



Quinn (above)
Avery (below)

4 comments:

The Texas Tornado said...

Oh my goodness... Quinn is adorable. Give up on having 'em look like like you (I did with my kids)... and just focus on having them act like you! :-D

Brie said...

You're hilarious. They do look pretty similar, I'll give you that... but I think Quinn might have your eyebrows. :) And if the eyes stay blue, you have that. The good news is, regardless of who they look like they are ADORABLE!

Life Through Eli's Eyes said...

He does look a lot like Avery did but I know several kids that grew older and looked a little more like their mom even thought they were the spitting image of their dad's at first. I say hang on....

Elle said...

He is sooooo precious. I want to eat him up! I have to come and visit soon! Miss you.