Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Avery Is POTTY TRAINED (Well Sort-of)



We did it!! I vowed to embark on this adventure by Thanksgiving and though I waited until the weekend before, at least I can say I stuck to my goal! Granny M took Quinn for 24 hours while Avery and I locked ourselves indoors with lots of thirst-creating foods and every kind of fun kid-drink on the market. Avery ran around half naked while we made pictures with glitter, colors, paints, chalk, made play-dough, watched her favorite shows and all kinds of fun stuff to entertain ourselves as we waited for potty opportunities. After a few no-so-fun-for-mom accidents, we figured it out and had almost total success for the next few days. A week and a half later, we are still going strong, but still in diapers for naps and nighttime. In short, it was a lot harder than I expected and I'm still left wondering how people profess to do "potty training in a day". They are be either lying/exaggerating or they are a lot smarter than I am because it took us about 3 days and we are still "training". And how much longer will I be living on this limited 2-minute margin for error? It makes shopping and car trips rather challenging.

She did it!!


Snacking in the basket


Marshmellows are the perfect reward


Full Moon

No comments: